SAFETY & ANNUAL INSPECTIONS
A safety inspection is outlined by the Ministry of Ontario with a comprehensive list of vehicle requirements that need to be met for a vehicle to be deemed safe the road and obtain a safety certificate.
An annual safety inspection is for commercial vehicles. A commercial motor vehicle classifies under these specifications:
- a truck or highway tractor with a gross weight or registered gross weight of more than 4,500 kg
- a bus with a seating capacity for ten or more passengers
Paul’s Auto is licensed by the MTO to perform vehicle safety inspections as well as annual safety inspections for commercial vehicles.
You need a safety inspection that successfully passes to obtain a certificate to do any of the following:
- Changing the status of a vehicle from unfit to fit
- Registering a rebuilt vehicle
- Registering a vehicle in a new province
- Transferring a used vehicle to a new owner to whom you are not married to